Monday, January 1, 2018

 OPEN THE EYES OF MY HEART

2018 --- Wow!  I find it extraordinary that I am alive and seeing the first day of 2018.  As a younger person, I could not imagine that I would still be here when I was 60 years old!  Yet, by the grace of God, here I am and thankful to be so. 

I have set my sights on a closer walk with God in this new and exciting year ahead.  I have become too complacent in my relationship with Jesus Christ.  I have committed myself to know God better and walk more closely with Jesus Christ daily.  To love God more and because I do, to love people more.

The opening line of Sarah Young's devotional "Jesus Calling - Enjoying Peace In His Presence" say this:  "Come to me with a teachable spirit, eager to be changed".  That is my heart's greatest desire as this new year begins.  To be teachable, to be changed by the power of God's love, mercy and desire to have me know him better.....those are my ambitions for this year.

I have been on an incredible journey over the past year.  My marriage is stronger because of the things we have had to face together in the past year.  Although we live apart, our hearts are more closely entwined than ever before.  Our problems are real, but so is our resolution to save our marriage in spite of the difficulties we face. 

My health became so tenable that I was given 6 months to a year to live, at best.  At my last visit with my Hepatologist at the Transplant Institute, I was better than I had been in over a year.  God is doing a work in my life and in my heart.  He is doing a work in my marriage.  There are things I don't understand, but I trust God to do his work and want him to have his way in my life. 

I keep hearing the words Michael W. Smith's song "Open the eyes of my heart".  That is my desire for 2018.  I want to see God in a way in which I have never seen him before.  To know him in a way I have never known him before.  To be the woman I have never been before.  To be the wife I have never been before.  To be the neighbor I have never been before.  To love like I have never loved before....these are the desires of my heart.

I have missed writing on my blog.  Words are important to me, they always have been.  I have been told I have a way with words.  If I do, it is because God gave me that gift.  I want to use that gift again, in a way I have never used it before.


Psalm 86:11 (NIV) --- "Teach me your way, LORD, that I may rely on your faithfulness; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name."

5 comments:

dorthy fires said...

I really enjoyed reading your blog. I didn't know you and Jerry wasn't together anymore but glad to read you are working on it. I will surely be praying for you in this new year and look forward to reading your blogs.. Love and prayers for you

Jada's Gigi said...

I love it!! You blogging, your sharing, and the work He is doing I you! The women in my family are doing the Jesus Calling devotion together this year. I just posted a lengthy comment about it on that page. God working in strange ways. :)

Ginger Sharp said...

Sissy, I pray in 2018, things will greatly improve for you in every way. I'm sure all those things you wrote about is in every Christian's desires, to have a closer walk with God.The world is a better place with you IN IT and I pray you will continue to be with us for many many years to come. Missed your bubbly spirit and shining face at our Christmas dinner this year. Love you, Sissy!

Crown of Beauty said...

I thank God for you dear Diane. You have been through a lot the past years, and what a privilege it is for me to see you holding on to God and desiring to be obedient and bring glory to His name. Your heartfelt post is beautiful. Let's see each other more often in Blogland this year. I am always happy when a blog sister decides to take blogging more seriously. Much love, Lidia

sheila said...

You have always been and continue to be an inspiration. I love you and pray for you often, my dear, sweet friend.