Sunday, April 10, 2011

I Believe...............




"That it's taking me a long time to become
the person I want to be."

Even more than that, I'm finding it's taking me longer to be what God wants me to be!  I often wonder when I'll ever become a 'grown up Christian'?!  When will I set aside petty prejudices, pride, jealousy, arrogance, fear and excuses and just be the woman of God I know He created me to be?! 

He must get so annoyed with me.  How many times have I gone whining to God about all my little insecurities and complaints and questions "Why, God, why?"; "When, God, when?"; "Where, God, where?"...........the list is endless.  Yet, He is always loving and never turns me away.

I remember as a child going to Momma and asking "Why, Momma?", only to be answered with "Because I said so, that's why.".  I knew better than to say another word after that.  It was highly inadvisable unless I was ready for the consequences; and I most definitely was not ready for the consequences!

Why do I continue to push God, question God, when I know the consequences if I don't just do what He says?  Yet, it matters not how many times I ask or how often I complain, God's endless grace covers my iniquity.  In the immortal words of Paul, the Apostle.............


9 Each time he said, “My grace is all you need.
My power works best in weakness.”
So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses,
so that the power of Christ can work through me.
10 That’s why I take pleasure in my weaknesses,
and in the insults, hardships, persecutions,
and troubles that I suffer for Christ.
For when I am weak, then I am strong.

II Corinthians 12:  9-10  (NLT)

3 comments:

Sherri said...

Amen, His grace is sufficient, in Him alone we can live a breath! Praying as we seek to press in and draw near to HIM!

Trish said...

I think as long as we live in a world filled with uncertainties...we will question. But...on the other side of Heaven there will be no uncertainties, fears or suffering. There we will know my friend!

Becky said...

I've wondered that same thing myself. I don't think I stopped asking why and how come. I find myself trusting and accepting more and more. I'm also looking for God in all situations, good and bad, He always knows what's best! And who knows, we might just get the answer to the how comes down the road...
Hugs to you my friend!