Sunday, March 6, 2011

Twenty Years of Love


Caleb---The last of the GRANDS!!!

Caleb with his brother, Jacob



Twenty years ago today, this young man entered our world.  He is the youngest child of my middle sister and the youngest of all of Momma and Daddy's grand babies.  Charlotte always said he was the souvenir Ricky brought home from Russia with him!  If so, he's the BEST souvenir we've ever gotten! 


Caleb with his sister, brothers and cousin, Summer 1992.
Jared, Caleb, Katie, Adam, and Jacob
 He has been a joy to our family from Day 1.  He possesses a precious heart for the Lord and displays it in his life every day.  He is courageous, strong, determined, faithful, devoted and responsible beyond his years.  He always has been. 


Uncle Caleb and Allyson
She loves her Uncle Caleb!

So, Happy Birthday Caleb; more than you will ever know or understand, you have been a blessing in my life.  I will hold you always in my heart.  You cannot go far enough, get old enough, say something bad enough, act ugly enough or do anything so horrendous that I will not love you.  Caleb, I pray you will always abide by these words. I love you.



How can a young person live a clean life?

By carefully reading the map of your Word.
I'm single-minded in pursuit of you;
don't let me miss the road signs you've posted.
I've banked your promises in the vault of my heart
so I won't sin myself bankrupt.

Psalms 119:9-11

3 comments:

Trish said...

Diane...How blessed you are to have such a sweet and handsome nephew. Happy Birthday Caleb!

Pat said...

Have I told you I just love your family...and my...they are all so good looking!
What a fine young man and a blessing to those who love him. May God bless his coming and going all the days of his life.

Crown of Beauty said...

Caleb is one of my favorite Bible characters. How special to have a nephew named after him.

Special birthday greetings to Caleb! I love all the words of tribute you wrote on this post.

He will surely go a long way. The pictures are beautiful!

Love
Lidj