Friday, January 23, 2009

Hope For A Brighter Day


As I sit typing this update, the bright morning sun shines through my window bathing me with warmth and reminding me of the assurance that brighter days are a promise from our Lord.

Yesterday was a monumental day of changes for Terry. His journey toward his brighter days is well underway now.

The oxygen was delivered by 11 p.m. last night. The gentleman who came with the delivery was such a blessing. He worked quickly and efficiently getting everything set up and was calming a reassuring while doing so. He spoke to me of his own faith assured me that he would be praying for us, as he did each individual who became 'his' patient. How precious that the delivery technician would be so loving and compassionate! The Lord has placed His mantle of love and protection over us during this period and is sending amazing servants to meet our needs!

Terry's breathing continued to change back and forth until about 1 a.m. this morning. He continued to be very restless and easily agitated. Then, around 1 a.m., he settled down and his breathing seemed to ease and he slept so peacefully. I soon fell asleep as well and got a good 4- 4 1/2 hours of sleep. He awakened me about 5:30 a.m. this morning with restlessness and agitation beginning again. I gave him the meds as instructed by the Hospice nurse last night and he started to settle down again around 7 a.m. He is now sleeping and resting somewhat peacefully.

I am so thankful to all of you who have prayed for us and who continue to do so. I was in desperate need of good rest last night and the Lord, as always, provided beyond my needs or expectations! His supply is always MORE! I am well rested this morning, but feeling somewhat weak and thinking I will just continue to rest for a while longer, especially since he is resting right now. If there are significant changes, I will post; otherwise, I will post another update this evening.

May the Lord bless each of you for loving us and for praying for us. Without the Lord and each of your prayers, I could not make this journey.

3 comments:

Joy's Pam said...

Praising God for His provision of sleep for you and Terry. What a blessing that your oxygen tech is a believer, how precious is our Lord!! Praying throughout the day for you and Terry, you are heavily on my mind.

Love & Prayers,
Pamela

The Raggedy Girl said...

Diane:
Just like you do with a baby, you sleep when he sleeps, it will work for you. God bless you. Oh sweetie girl I am so sorry this is happening.
Roberta Anne

Lorrene said...

God really does give us strength during times like this. Prayer helps and I will not forget you.