Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Lord Is Near

The night has been an eventful one. Terry woke up enough to eat about 1/4 of a sandwich and drink about 2 ozs. of Dr. Pepper. He settled down and slept well for about 3 hours afterwards. He woke up about 3 a.m. and had been trying to get out of his chair since. I have had to give him the smallest dosage of Haldol and will have to give another dose in a few minutes. I have called Hospice and 911 for lift assist to get him into his bed. They should be arriving soon to move him. The Hospice nurse will be coming out about mid-morning to re-assess him and catheterize him.

He has mumbled all night and groaned, but says he is not in pain. I just don't know. He keeps mumbling and seeming as if he is talking to someone and reaching out. I believe his transition has begun. His eyes are now rolling back into his head when he opens them to look at me. He knows me and has told me several times he loves me and wants to stay with me. I talked to him and told him I loved him too and that I always would. I also told him it was okay to go when Jesus called. He looked at me and leaned his head over onto my shoulder and became very quiet. After that, he rested for about a half hour and then was restless again.

I will post again after he is moved and settled into his bed. I feel the presence of the Lord so near to us now. A peace has overtaken me that I cannot describe, but have felt only one other time in my life......the night my Maw McDonald went home to be with the Lord. I have no inside track on what will happen, nor when it will happen; I only know what I feel and I want to share that with you.

1 comment:

The Raggedy Girl said...

I continue to pray for you and for Terry.
May God gather you both up in His arms. Last night I felt a strong peace coming for you.
Roberta Anne