Sunday, May 3, 2009

Sunday Words of Wisdom

[ Whiteville Lake--Photo by Di]



"But man, despite his riches, does not endure; he is like the beasts that perish.

This is the fate of those who trust in themselves, and of their followers, who approve their sayings.

Like sheep they are destined for the grave, and death will feed on them. The upright will rule over them in the morning; their forms will decay in the grave, far from their princely mansions.

But God will redeem my life from the grave; He will surely take me to Himself."


Psalms 49: 12-15 (NIV)

4 comments:

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

Sadly we follow like sheep, anyone who can speak elequently, mainly because we do not read the Bible, God's word and follow him.
Great verses for a beautiful Sunday Morning.
Molly

The Raggedy Girl said...

Thank you for sharing this. It puts it all in perspective.

The Raggedy Girl

Deb said...

Diane, I have had your webpage "on" in the background this afternoon, listening to the music you've chosen to share.

I am in tears. These songs are filled with so much emotion and I'm reminded again how you must feel so completely lost without your precious Terry.

...I am praying for you...always....

bj said...

Just coming by to say hello and that I hope you have a really good week..