Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Take Me Back Tuesday



Be sure to visit


to see others who are participating in





(Click on picture to enlarge)


Today's submission was taken in late October, 2002 near Klamath, CA. Terry and I had taken a driving trip to the Western US, taking Momma and Daddy with us.

While touring in Northern CA, we naturally had to visit the huge redwood forests. We were all enchanted by the trees. At the famous 'Drive-Thru Tree' in Klamath, we also found this restroom which had been hewn from the stump of an old redwood. It was quite amazing! Actually had a working toilet and sink in it!

Terry, being the natural clown that he was, HAD to have his picture taken with it! I asked if he was quite sure he didn't want me to take the picture from inside?! Surprisingly, his answer was 'No'!

Happy memories of times spent with both him and my parents. The pictures from our trips together are priceless and the memories they inspire even more so!

Thanks for dropping by today.

Don't forget to stop by A Giveaway Addicted Mommy to see more!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

have I said how much I like these posts?

Heidi Pocketbook said...

LOL! I think that's a great memory☺

The Raggedy Girl said...

I am so glad to see you look at better days even if they are in the past. Diane there will be better days in the future for you too.

The Raggedy Girl

Angela said...

Hey Diane!

That is a great picture! We went to CA about 18 yrs ago and we seen some of the big trees but not the biggest ones they have. I couldn't get over how big the trees were that we seen. Just look at how big that tree is! Incredible isn't it!

Hugs,
Angela

ps my word verification word is leaven! lol

Samantha said...

Great picture brings great memories ! Terry was just a joy to be around, always happy and laughing, such a great post !

Anonymous said...

What a fun memory and a great picture!

Denise said...

I LOVE the redwoods! Great picture!! Sounds like your husband had a wonderful sense of humor.

Constance said...

Sweet memories are a balm to the hurting heart! I've been to Yosemite and sequoia/King's canyon NP's and the giant sequoias are humbling!
Connie