Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Bittersweet Goodbyes....


These are my babies, Mischa (L) and Klinket (R). They are full-blooded Alaskan Malamutes. Mischa is definitely the Alpha male and wants to be the ruler of the roost, always into something! Klinket is so laid back and gentle, happy just to be in your presence. They are now just under one year old. Unfortunately, I had to say goodbye to my babies yesterday afternoon.

Alaskan Malamutes are very energetic dogs who need a lot of attention and exercise. Because of some health issues, I can no longer take care of them as I should. Therefore, I knew the only answer was to find them a new family. After an extensive search and a lot of heartache and second-guessing myself, I finally found someone who is willing to take them in and give them a home together. They will have a new family of young adults and children.

I am so happy for my babies. This is exactly what they need. I know they will be happy, but it still hurts to see them go! I visited them yesterday afternoon at the kennels and spent about an hour playing and saying goodbye. It was a bittersweet afternoon, indeed!

Goodbye my babies. Have a wonderful life. I will always remember you and the joy and love you gave to me and Terry. I will always love you. You stole my heart the minute I saw you. A piece of me goes with you. Enjoy your new family and be happy!

7 comments:

Debbie said...

Honey,
so sorry you had to let your babies go. I see you are also up late not sleeping like me. I will pray for you before I go to sleep.
Love, Debbie

The Raggedy Girl said...

Diane:
I am sad that they are going but I so understand where you are and what a handful they are.

Roberta Anne

Samantha said...

Hi Sweet Diane,
I am so glad you found a good home where they can go together, I know they will miss you but will be very happy. I know it was very bittersweet.
Love you so much !

Deb said...

Oh Diane, How sad that you had to say goodbye to your puppies! It was the best thing though. They do need a lot of exercise to be happy and healthy. We would not have even considered getting our new puppy Bentley had it not been for Olivia who has all the energy needed to entertain him. Brillo Man and I don't have it in us to keep him moving either!

Kathy P said...

I am sorry your little babies couldn't stay with you. But it is a sign of love that you found a happy home for them to go to. They are beautiful and will being many years of happiness to their new family.

HUGS and MORE HUGS!!!!

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

I am glad you found your babies a new home. It sounds like they will be very happy there.You are right about the energetic part,my son has a dog like yours.

Anonymous said...

Diane,

I'm sorry you had to give up your dogs. I know you loved them like I love mine. You are so caring and unselfish to think of them and give them a good life at a good home for such energy filled dogs. It's hard, but you need to take care of yourself too.

Penny