Sunday, March 8, 2009

Spring Forward.....



I hope you all remembered to Spring Forward before retiring last evening. If not, you were late for church today!

Well, that is, unless you were like me and weren't where you could go. I'm still in Iowa, in Des Moines this weekend. We came down for the weekend so Katie and the kiddos could see Brian for a little while. They haven't seen him except briefly two weeks ago when they drove down to pick me up at that airport. He's still at Camp Dodge doing some military training.


18,000 Officers and Enlisted Men from Camp Dodge, IA

form a living Statue of Liberty

July, 1918

We surprised him after his classes were finished. Then, we surprised him again when Katie told him to get his things cause we had hotel rooms for the weekend! They're all so happy to see each other! I'm so glad we did this. Katie and kids are heading back to Mason City after we all have dinner tomorrow night. Brian will go back to the barracks at Camp Dodge and I will remain at the hotel to catch the shuttle to the airport for my flight on Monday.




By dinner time on Monday, I should be back home in Tennessee. It's been a great trip, but I honestly have to say I'm ready to be home again. As they say, there's no place like home! I hope you all have a great Sunday and don't feel too bad after losing that hour's sleep!!!

12 comments:

Terry said...

Good Morning Dianne, Bernie remembered to turn all the clocks back, so I guess we will be getting where we are suppose to be on time.
Poor Dad Golden has over twenty clocks to change because of Mom Golden's fascination for clocks!
I guess she might figure that whenever Dad Golden looks at a clock, he should be thinking, "NOW is the time to be saved!"
We are so looking to that day that he will be. He is 82 years old now.

I am glad that you had such a nice holiday and am grateful that you shared it with us.
That Lady of Liberty is the icing on the cake for sure !!
Have a great Sunday dear Dianne....Love Teresa

Cyn said...

What a nice surprise for Katie, Brian and the kids. I'm glad you're having a good time but can also understand missing home. Have a great Sunday!!

bj said...

Good morning traveling friend...
I've a feeling this trip has been so good for you! I am glad.
You are right...I like going places but I always LOVE getting back home....
xo bj

The Raggedy Girl said...

I cannot believe your stay is over as it seemed to have gone really fast. Praying for a safe trip home and my heart is glad that you are looking forward to going home. It is time for Spring Cleaning.

Have a wonderful Sunday
from Roberta Anne

Samantha said...

Diane,
Have a very blessed and safe trip home. God bless,
Love ya !! Samantha

Constance said...

We actually forgot all about it since we have had a full weekend. Fortunately for us, we are early risers so the fact that we forgot didn't phase us. Church was a little less full than usual but that's pretty much expected. Have a safe trip back home and we'll be waiting for you to post some more for us!
Hugs,
Connie

Pat said...

We slept in VERY late this morning! I have to say, it felt really good though!
Going away always makes home so much sweeter...at least till the next trip. I'm a real homebody, so I usually think about coming back home the second day I'm away!
Have a safe trip and enjoy the comforts of home, once again.

Mrs. Mac said...

Hi Diane ... I read a bit about your story over at The Sisterhood Of The Traveling Scarf site when Connie posted an invite over to your blog. My condolences to you in regards to your husband's passing ... may heaven rejoice in his presence!

Hugs,

Marie Anne said...

I'm reading this before dawn Monday morning, and praying for traveling mercies as you start your journey home again.

It's always good to be home. I've only been here 3 days and I'm even saying it already!

Terry said...

Hi Dianne....I just looked up Tennessee temperature and it is about 75 degrees,
Hope you are enjoying the warm weather!!
Iowa is 42 degrees!
Hope you are are right....Love Teresa

Terry said...

Dear Diane,
Just popping by to tell you that we are thinking of you!
Hope you are doing fine.....Love Teresa

teakaycee said...

Dear Diane....
I'm so glad you made it home safe. I do hope you are feeling better!!! I'm so sorry I was so preoccupied with things that I missd meeting up with you while you were so close to me. I do hope you make another trip to see Katie and the family... so that we can finally meet up.
Take care of yourself... feel better and God bless you my dear new friend!!
.::Tam::.