Monday, March 30, 2009

God Is Taking Care of You!

(My nephew, Jacob, who is always doing something nice for someone!)

Have you ever been just sitting there and all of a sudden you feel like doing something nice for someone you care for?
THAT'S GOD talking to you through the Holy Spirit.


(My nephew, Adam, who is struggling to come back from a failed relationship.)

Have you ever been down and out and nobody seems to be around for you to talk to?
THAT'S GOD wanting you to talk to Him.



(Me with Daddy and Momma. I won't look around and see Momma here, but one day soon, I'll greet her at Heaven's Pearly Gate!)

Have you ever been thinking about somebody that you haven't seen in a long time and then next thing you know you see them or receive a phone call from them?
THAT'S GOD. There is no such thing as coincidence.



(My nephew, Jared, with his daughter, Allyson Ann. He certainly didn't plan for her, but what a wonderful blessing she is!)

Have you ever received something wonderful that you didn't even ask for, like money in the mail, a debt that had mysteriously been cleared, or a coupon to a department store where you had just seen something you needed, but couldn't afford?
THAT'S GOD knowing the desires of your heart.


(My nephew-in-law {and in heart!}, Brian, when he was in Iraq. We are SO proud of him!)

Have you ever been in a situation and you had no clue how it was going to get better, how the hurting would stop, how the pain would ease, but now you look back on it.
THAT'S GOD passing us through tribulation to see a brighter day.


(My nephew, Caleb, who is just a technological superman!)

Have you ever wanted to throw your computer out the door while exclaiming expletives at the top of your voice? Then you remember that computer savy nephew.
THAT'S GOD reminding you that He has supplied your need.


(Me and Terry at my parent's 40th Anniversary Vow Renewal Ceremony, 1997)

Have you ever felt absolutely alone and forsaken? Then found an old picture of your life in happier times?
THAT'S GOD reminding you that you that HE has the supply for all your needs.!

"And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus. "

Phil. 4:19 (NIV)

8 comments:

Marie Anne said...

Thank you for the reminder that even if not immediately apparent, God is behind everything in our lives. God IS our lives.

I know He talks to me - I just need to listen more carefuly.

Constance said...

God knows us so well! There are times when He uses other people to convey His great love towards us!
Hugs,
Connie

The Raggedy Girl said...

I love your new blog dress, it is fun to go around and see all the pretty Spring dresses!

Your post is so perfect and it makes such good sense.

Have An Amazing Monday
from Roberta Anne-the Raggedy Girl

Samantha said...

Diane,
I really needed to hear this, I woke up feeling kind of down and your post really brought me back up, I know God is always with us, he is so good. Your pictures
are so good ! I also love your new Easter border, it is too cute !!!
Thanks for sharing and blessing.

Kathy P said...

God is in every part of our life. Everyday. I loved this post, because it helps me remember that... even something as small as helping with a computer. It is so important to see His hand in everything.

Thank you for this.

Sweetie said...

Diane,

Your post is not only beautiful but also thought provoking. Thank you.
Sweetie

Terry said...

dear diane,
you will find this hard to believe, but when i was in the pre-op room yesterday, there was a nurse there that looked just like you and right away it brought my mind back to this post of yours that i had read and the words god is taking care of you flooded my heart.
thank you for praying for me.
your name might not be there yet but to me you have been a scarf sister all along.

Heidi Pocketbook said...

Hi

I found my way over here from Roberta Anne's. I needed this post--it's been nearly a year since I've seen my prodigal and some days are so hard.

Thanks for this reminder.